Friday, 4 October 2013

Wearable Connection Piece

In pairs, we were given the task of designing a tubular structure that could connect two people together at a certain part of the body.
Although I found working with wire challenging, my partner and I decided to use wire and tissue paper to create a shawl like construction that could be worn around the shoulders of both of us at the same time.


We were very pleased with the outcome as I love the abstract shapes produced by the pieces of wire. The image above shows how our finished was intended to wear. We also experimented with other ways our construction could be work around the body of just one person, which I personally think looked better then our original idea. I also find the shadows created by the structure when light is shone on them really interesting.

                   
                 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment