Sally Mann
This photograph is taken from Mann's 'Immediate Family' series. In this series, Mann photographed her children whilst on holiday. Many of the images focused on her children, naked, which sparked some controversy. I particularly like this photograph because of the stance of the young girl. She looks very vulnerable and innocent, and her youthfulness is emphasised by the plaits in her hair; I really like this detail. She is also looking away from the camera, and so I feel that she may be shy and feel uncomfortable about having her photograph taken. The contrast between the dark and out of focus background, and the sharp, white figure is also effective.
Sarah Moon
I really enjoy Moon's distinctive style of photography. Her photographs are very out of focus, creating a dreamy, romantic feel. This also means that the figures used in her photos are often difficult to identify, giving them a sense of mystery. I also love how she uses blocks of bright, strong colour alongside very large areas of monochrome, making her work very eye catching.
Paulo Roversi
I was instantly drawn to this photograph because of the models piercing eyes, looking straight at the viewer. Roversi has made the eyes the main focus of the image by making the rest of the photo very soft and dark in comparison. The model looks very innocent and insecure, and is giving the viewer a wild stare. This, alongside her messy hair, gives the photograph a very haunting feel.



No comments:
Post a Comment