I am now on the Pathway Stage of my course and I have chosen to specialise in Fine Art.
During the transition stage we were given the title 'Body Parts,' a mini project to develop ideas for. Below are images of some of the ideas I explored.
This pair of lungs are made from a plastic wallet, wire and thread. I then drew on top of the plastic wallet using pen. The idea to make these came when I found an old inhaler in my house, and I thought about making something 'growing' from the inhaler. For some people, an inhaler is a vital part of their everyday life and so this is what I wanted to show.
I then went on to explore this idea using the inhaler more, as well as think of some other medication that people heavily rely on in today's society.
Creating images using watercolour and collage.
I am really pleased with these small collages as the limbs actually look like they are growing out of the trays, which is quite disturbing.
Using thread (above) and pen (below) to show how paracetamol travels through the central nervous system to relieve pain. These two images don't have the same visual impact as the collages and so I am not as pleased with them.
Body Parts Group Work
Once I had moved into the Fine Art area, we were put into groups and had to use the ideas we had developed to create an abstract body with different parts. I decided to work on a long leg, showing the muscular structure using collage and chalk in the colours red, white and blue (as these were the colours I used most commonly in my sketchbook work).
We were really pleased with our final outcome, as elements of everyone's work and ideas were represented, and all the different parts fitted together really well.
No comments:
Post a Comment