Sunday, 15 December 2013

Using White

We were set the task of creating 2D studies from an object of our choice using only tones of white. This meant we really had to think about how to approach creating our pieces, and I found it very challenging. The object I chose was a shell, and I focused on its texture and the lines on the surface, as they were similar to my 'skylines.'
 
Firstly I made some A4 studies-



 
I chose to enlarge a section of my last study, and based on this, create an A1 piece, once again only using tones of white.
 


My finished A1 study - string, tissue paper, chalk and paint.
 
 
 I then made my object from white paper and placed it back onto my A1 study. When I placed my paper shell back onto the paper, it looked like a shell on a beach.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment