The drawing on the map (above)
Sunday, 15 December 2013
Self Portraits
One of our 'independent study tasks' was to make a self portrait in whatever way we wanted. Instead of doing a realistic drawing, which wouldn't have looked anything like me anyway, I decided to use maps. I placed a sheet of tracing paper over a map and tried to draw a face like shape following only the lines of colour, roads and contours on the map. This was much more difficult than I thought it would be, but I am really pleased with the outcomes, as the types of lines show the different parts of the map I was working on (the more detailed the lines, the more urban the area).
On the photocopier I overlapped the two drawings. I really like the shapes created by the overlapping lines, and the two faces merged together have created their own little island.
Labels:
faces,
line drawing,
maps,
self portrait
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment