Sunday, 15 December 2013

Skylines

I decided to develop my skyline idea further, and so firstly went on a walk around my local area in Sheffield and record the skylines around me. To draw all of my skylines I look only at what is in front of me and not at my page - I believe this creates a more 'free' drawing with a less predicable outcome and more varied shapes.



After drawing these, I thought about creating more abstract skylines - such as the shelves and windowsills around my house.
 

I really like the contrast of the angular shapes and the more curved objects in these drawings.

I overlapped quite a lot on this page - it has created quite a complex image.





 
Some of the skylines were very simple so I decided to overlap on certain pages. Overall, the abstract skylines create much more interesting shapes, and I like the small areas of detail in some of the drawings.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment